Saturday, August 7, 2010

Task 11


Task 11 is to choose one web tool and use it in class. Since we haven't started the new year, I'll tell you what I hope to use. I want to blog with my students about lit. books. I plan to ask open ended questions and require kids to write one answer and comment on someone else's ideas too. We will need guidelines for how to respond to each other. Maybe we'll practice blogging the first week of school. Maybe I'll jump right in and make a new school year blog. We can blog about class values. Mostly, I don't want to put this off. Life will get very busy, and I want to use some tools, so I don't forget how.

I have been working a bunch this week on our class wikipage. I'm happy with how it's developing. Amy is a huge help.
First
I have also learned to use imovie this summer. I love that. First I made a movie about George and me at home. This week I made a movie about George's parents. I wonder how quickly kids can film and make movies in class. I would love for them to make grammar and history movies or podcasts. We have to find time.

I am not worried about lecturing too much to our class. I want them to read and write and use the netbooks for research and study. We will keep the students active. One problem I've found in the past is that kids find sites but don't really read them. How can we get students to read and take notes?

(The photo above shows me holding the blanket I knitted for Addie, my almost to be born granddaughter.)

1 comment:

  1. You mention that you want the kids commenting on other kids' comments. The format for that on Blogger may be a little tricky (as opposed to just commenting on the teacher's post). If you think this is something that you will want, we will probably need to find a work-around.

    ReplyDelete