Monday, August 2, 2010

Task 10


Tonight I could not sleep. I have too much to think about - Jessie and Hunter and their baby about to be born; school is starting and there is so much to do. So I got up and worked on my Pi2.0 class. I explored web tools, cool tools.

I tried time glider and letter pop. I might use time glider. However, I was unsure about how to add photos to the timeline. I made a family history timeline. That was fun. I also made a wikipedia timeline for 1968. I looked for photos to add to my timeline. But they just appeared; they did not really join the time line. TimeGlider may be useful in history class.

Letter pop seems useful only personally. I like to send class notes to parents as emails. Just composing the emails and editing them is a big job. I don't really need to take the time to make the letter look like a newsletter. There was so much space for photos and not as much space to write in the letter format I chose. I think in real life I will not use this.

I tried to find games for kids on my own. The math game was too easy. In order to get a better quality, you had to pay. I found chess for kids (chesskids.com) I think I have been on that site before. It looks fine.

One tool I found on my own that I like is Answer Garden. (http://answergarden.ch/view/1406) If you click on that link, you will go to my question. When you ask a question, others can answer it. This could be a fun addition to our wikipage. The questions can be fanciful or serious. Then the answers appear like a floating cloud. I think I will try to add this to my wiki page. I did add it to my sandbox page.

The only problem I have with these tools is that there are too many of them. But Answer Garden is a good find.

I already use Writeboard. That is a great tool. I use it to plan my parent conferences. It's also great for planning parties.

(The photo at the top of this page is Harper, Yukari and George in Muir Woods in July.)

1 comment: