Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Task 3


I read lots of blogs today from the suggested list in the 2.0 syllabus. One I enjoyed was the duck one, in which young children draw about the duck's nest on their playground.
http://duckdiaries.edublogs.org/

I like this one because I think our class could blog about our organic garden next fall. Maybe they can blog about our role playing game in the spring. I would enjoy reading their posts. It's important not to over-comment about their posts. Also their parents can have insight into what kids think and how they express themselves. http://thepithypython.blogspot.com/

I also read Natalie's blog from the library. I enjoyed the movie insert about how important and deep early reading really is. I loved her story about the class with the 6th grade guys remembering their early books and exclaiming over favorites. Those times with a class are precious.

I also enjoyed reading the "just for fun" blog about zen habits for simplifying life. That is always a goal even though my life is really simple now: I'm a teacher and this is summer; I have grown children; I get to choose how to spend my days. I am very lucky. I have never respected people who brag about their long hours at work, and this blog tells the truth about what a sad life that is. Of course, there are people who are suffering and who have to work long hours just to make ends meet. http://zenhabits.net/

2 comments:

  1. HI Martha, I also read Natalie's blog, isn't it great? I saw your comment on my blog, please do not be impressed by the fact that I am on task 8, this is my 4th time trying to finish the course! Hope you have a great summer. Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  2. The duck blog is the one that appealed to me, too - for the same kind of reasons. I also really liked the way it allowed a mix of adult and kid writing and drawing. It had a lot of diversity and energy. Funny thing- Natalie's was my other favorite.....except for
    HYPERBOLE!!! (if you didn't read that on, please do! as a mom of young adults I think you'll love it) PS - I spent what seemed like forever this afternoon before I managed to get INTO your log. I was so frustrated I was about to quit, but then I did - and I'm so glad to hear your thoughts, bridget's too, be well! Kelly

    ReplyDelete