Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Task 5


I've spent a huge amount of time this morning reading blogs and looking at sites. I skimmed Alltop and found two sites I really like: http://www.smartclassroommanagement.com/ and
http://teachingwithcontests.com/.

I read several posts about classroom management and surprisingly agreed with the ideas. I feel like sending the writer a fan letter. (maybe this afternoon) I also scanned Alltop and did not find teaching blogs I want to read. Then I saw "teaching with contests." I signed up for the LEGO contest for teachers that starts in August. That should be a challenge since I'm not a great builder.

I also am entering the iwrite contest that ends today. The writer who eventually wins gets $30,000 in prize money. iwrite publishes ebooks. I had a first line for a book hidden away, so I pulled that out and have been writing for an hour. In fact, that's what I need to do now. My essay is about what I've learned about death. I've had several sad times in the past few years, losing sisters and friends. I've gotten better at living through these experiences, and I have a few ideas to share. So that's what I'm writing.

1 comment:

  1. I would love to read your writing, if there is some sort of link to it. Good luck winning the $30,000!

    ReplyDelete