Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Task 8


Even though I have added pages to our class wiki, this was a hard task for me. I had no trouble creating my page. But then I wanted to add photos of my garden. I had so much trouble figuring out how to do that. Amy saved me. Thank you, Amy! I sent her an email, and she helped me learn how to copy the photo from my desktop to the wiki page. Still I took forever to figure out how to make the picture smaller. So for most of today I had a giant bloom covering half my page.

Anyway, I did learn how to add photos to the wiki and to make them larger or smaller and move them around. I also created a newspaper about my garden and added that to my wiki.

Then I visited other teachers' pages to try to add comments to their pages. I felt like I had no imagination. Joy asked, "What restaurant is my favorite?" Finally I settled on Watershed. I think we go to such ordinary places just so we can eat with our friends. "What were my favorite books?" Lina asked. I did come up with a couple. But once I read other peoples' favorites, those all seemed like my faves too. I will need to get my brain working faster in a month.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry this one was a little frustrating, but now you'll always know how to insert and re-size pictures. And I'm glad you come to us for help. Are you planning on using a wiki with your class next year?

    ReplyDelete