Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Task 6


I've been looking at and trying the teacher tools listed under Task 6. I already use Quizlet for Vocabulary. One of our parents last year found this site, and Brian connected our class. Quizlet is terrific. We post our vocabulary words and definitions, and students used the site to study. They also could take practice tests. We eventually used Quizlet to design our tests. The kids can all take the test online and sit beside each other. Tests are randomly produced, so there's no worry about cheating. Quizlet's tests were easier than those created by Brian. So he supplemented by writing a story that students had to fill in with vocabulary words.

Yesterday and today I used Ta-da! to make a list of activities I want to do in San Francisco. George and I are going to visit our son, Harper, and his wife, Yukari, for 5 days starting on Saturday. I made my list from ideas two friends gave me. Then I checked out the ideas online. I edited my list several times. Today I sent it to Harper, Yukari, and George. They can edit, and I'll see their notes. Ta-da! looks like Writeboard, which I love to use for teacher conference sign up.
http://marthaa.tadalist.com/lists/1652350

Today I signed up for TeacherTube videos. This seems like a fun idea. The videos are created by teachers and teach various subjects. I watched a math video about changing fractions to mixed numbers. The guy rapped and was entertaining to watch. Then I looked for a video on American Colonies. The one I tried to get was not there. I saw part of a video on earthquakes. It was not worth my time. The charts were hard to read. Also, the introduction was frightening. If I use TeacherTube, I will need to spend time finding and previewing the videos. Not sure if this will be a worthwhile site.

(This is my niece's new baby, six week old Ollie.)

No comments:

Post a Comment